The information ministry on Monday issued a circular asking all concerned to ensure that the transmission of Peace TV is cut off as per the Cabinet’s decision.
The cabinet decision is now in effect through the circular, said senior assistant secretary of the information ministry Akhtaruzzaman.
Earlier on Sunday, industries minister Amir Hossain Amu told reporters about the decision to stop the transmission of Peace TV after a special meeting of the cabinet committee on law and order at the Secretariat, reports news agency UNB.
In the wake of recent militant attacks in different parts of the country a number decisions were taken at the meeting, the minister said.
About the meeting outcome, he said it was decided that all the unauthorised establishments, including schools, colleges and restaurants, will be removed from the diplomatic zone-Gulshan and Banani areas—and police patrol will be increased there to prevent militant activities.
Besides, he said, the people from all walks of life will be involved in checking militant activities and eradicating militants from the country through raising their awareness.
“These days, the children of affluent families are going missing and they are being pushed towards danger through motivation and injecting (specialised) drugs,” said the minister adding, “We must raise public awareness against militants to root out militancy.”
Besides, police and intelligence agencies have been asked to monitor mosques to know the types of speeches being delivered during Jumm’a prayers every Friday, he added.
Security will also be provided to export-oriented industrial units and EPZ areas if the authorities want to, Amu said.
The meeting was informed that security has already beefed up in the organisations where foreigners work. Besides, necessary measures have been taken to raise the efficiency of police and detectives to prevent militancy, said Amu.
The meeting was also informed that chargesheets in 14 cases, including those of Japanese national Kunio Hoshi and Italian national Cesare Tavella killing cases, out of 45 cases filed in connection with targeted killings, have been submitted, he added.
The meeting thanked members of police and other security forces who have demonstrated their capability in facing the two incidents at Holey Artisan Bakery café of Gulshan and another near Sholakia Eidgah in Kishoreganj district.
Commerce minister Tofail Ahmed, tourism minister Rashed Khan Menon, information minister Hasanul Haq Inu, shipping minister Shajahan Khan, water resources minister Anisul Islam Mahmud, among others, attended the meeting.